New HydroOptix mask is out!

RogueCorps

cystal_blue.jpg

Darn, and Christmas is past. Looks pretty sweet, and is supposed to give you 180° more vision than a flat mask. Anyone want to buy a blue scuba pro mask?

www.HydroOptix.com

-Rogue :D

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Thanks for the heads up RC! I have been watching that website for a while and am glad they are finally out... Now to find a local dive shop that has them to try...

ReefLady

Staff member
Ahhh ... very cool ... all the better to see that shark sneaking up on you .....

:D

RogueCorps

Originally posted by SZHTTM
I guess you can't put correctting lenses on these masks, uh...?

Oh well...

Thanks;
:thumbup:

The website says something about them being self-correcting for a wide range of near-sighted people. It kinda made me wonder if they work for normal sighted people? :)

Ahhh ... very cool ... all the better to see that shark sneaking up on you .....

Yeesh... I'd rather see what's there. Harbor seals like to follow around ab and spear fishermen here to try to steal your catch. I had a couple come up right along side me! :scram:

And if the sea monsters don't get you, the rough seas will... :barf:

I didn't know these were $200 though... :(

(will sell frags for swim gear)

-R :)

joe@inreef

Sponsor
200 bucks... wow, you could buy a full face mask, that you could add communictions to, for a few more bucks. I own about 12 masks, and I usually use the cheaper ones. The new "fad" masks, just havnt done it for me. I usually use my Tusa Visulator(excellent vision) or my Sherwood Magnum EX Panoramic Single Window Mask(very good vision and Excellent fit) I believe both of these masks can be had for around 50 bucks. Check www.leisurepro.com as they usually have excellent prices and service. I have bought several Sea vision masks (because they are supposed to be great) but they all collect dust in my garage.

joe@inreef

Sponsor
Another thing I just noticed on their site, is if you want the mask to work properly, you have to wear contact lenses, to make yourself near sited. That is strange and bizarre, to wear contacts to make you in air vision worse, so you can see better under water!!!

Cougra

I think I'll stick to my good oldfashioned mask as well and save the money to get my regulator, BC, wetsuit, and tanks instead! The mask I have is comfortable, doesn't leak and lets me see what I need to see at the moment!

Maxx

I'm just gonna have new bionic eyes that are underwater corecting and night vision capable installed.
Nick