new goodies (with pix)

addict

Well, one of our LFS got a transhipped SPS order from Fiji this afternoon, so of course I had to be the first one in the shop to pick. :D
Here's the first set, neither of which are identified... I know that one's an acropora, but other than that I'm clueless... (I'll figure them out later).

359combo1.JPG

Both of the coral colonies on this rock have commensal crabs, with the smaller acropora having two... it's fun to watch them tend to the coral.
I also think there's a small birds-nest coral starting to grow in between the two larger colonies, but it could also just be something that resembles it. You can kinda see it in the shadow between the two corals...

Next is another Acropora, almost like the one I had posted in my tank thread... It's got a brownish-yellow body, purple tips, and bright yellow polyps... I'm hoping it colors up more. :)

359acro2.JPG

I'm not sure if this one has a commensal crab or not, but judging by the fact that the other 3 do, it probably does as well.

And here's the last Acropora, which kinda resembles a stag to me (though I'll have to look it up as well). It's brownish with deep blue tips.

359acro1.JPG

It also has a commensal crab... I'm really starting to get into the symbiotic theme in my tank.
I'll get back later with some identifications... or if you'd like, feel free to throw some out. :D

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Dave those are very nice sps corals! Will be interesting to see what the ID's are on some of those!:)

Of coarse now we need a full tank shot with them in place!:D

addict

Here ya go Johnny... I focused on the left side so that they'd show up better... it's nice to finally see something besides rocks. :D

This is only their initial placement... I'm sure they'll get relocated as time goes on.

Witfull

dang casey, thats a beaut,,,,what does that take you to,,,,27 clams now?...lol

RA...tank is looking good,,,great buys.

addict

Thanks wooddood... your new SPS also look great! :)

LOL Casey!
If I hadn't been so upset at a missing maxima from my cart (the clamsdirect thread I started), that clam would be headed to my tank... that one and one other were still available when I was checking out (which I referenced in the thread). :D

You're welcome... ;)

Thanks Witfull. :D

Last edited: