New Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_Lambert

Guys and Gals..

I think that we need a new Forum in the Main section called

" Members Tanks" or something to that effect..

a forum where people can go and see what everyone Else has!! .. Keep all the eye candy in one forum.. Leaving other forums for there intended uses! ..

what do you all think!!!

Thanks
Michael!

semigodd154

I think that is cool but at the same time I dont think it matters. To me personally because i read just about all of the posts in all the forums anyway I need to learn as much as i can about everything just so i feel in the know because everyday something changes anyway and what you were doing yesterday may be wrong today. lol

Michael_Lambert

True.. Allot read allot..

But then there are allot who don't like to sit there and wade through all the Discussions to get to the Eye Candy!

Michael_Lambert

Anyone want to share there opinions on this?

Would People have issues posting there tank picture related threads into a Forum designed for that intended purpose?

If so.. What would you like to see it called!

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I think that is a great idea. A place for us members to chronicle our tank exploits and progression!

dgasmd

Isn't that what "my gallery" is?? I always upload all the pictures I am going to post there so I can link them in threads here and have them show up rather than come up as a link. If I ever want to see someone's pictures, I go there, but it will no show pictures in psots though. Just the ones they uploaded.

I think the suggestion is a good one, but one that would be probably redundant? That is just my opinion.

addict

They have a forum like this over at TRT and it works really well... I just put a link in my sig to my 'tank thread' in the member tanks forum so that way your tank is only a click away.

Personally I like the idea... and it wouldn't entail putting 'every' tank thread in there... it would be for each member to create a thread outlining/explaining their specific setup, inhabitants, trials and travails, etc... threads such as Robz pics and my tank thread would still qualify as 'general discussion' since they entail a lot more than just pics/explanation...
That's how I envision it anyway. :)

Last edited:

Dingo

It is the same as "My gallery", however, galleries are harder to find. People love to show off their tanks, and that is an easy, logical place to go and peruse things. You will find that it will soon be a very popular forum. People also tend to ask for help and constructive criticism in that sort of setting.

You could encourage people to link from their galleries in a sticky note at the top.

ScottT1980

I personally would love such a forum for all he reasons David mentioned. I can't tell you how many times I have thought to myself, "I wonder what Craig's tank looks like," or "Wit is really adamant about this type of filtration, I want to see it on his system," etc...

It would definitly go in my signature if I posted pictures of my tank and threads could alwys be updated as your tank grows/changes/matures...

Take er easy
Scott T.

ReefLady

Staff member
Bringing this to the top one more time before we set up the forum... anyone else opposed, speak now...

T

Witfull

Originally posted by ScottT1980
or "Wit is really adamant about this type of filtration, I want to see it on his system," etc...
oh man, they gonna find out all i have is a goldfish in a brandy glass....but it does have an airstone! :D

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
Originally posted by Witfull
oh man, they gonna find out all i have is a goldfish in a brandy glass....but it does have an airstone! :D

Damn, and I thought I could get away with one in small beer mug......

Status
Not open for further replies.