New For Sale Thread Policy

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi everyone! :wave:

In an effort to nip some problems in the bud and lighten the workload of our moderators, we are instituting a minimum post count of 25 to be able to post new threads in the For Sale/Trade sections of RS.

This will also help make sure that the classified section is used for members versus the "drive-by FS threads" we've been dealing with.

The change should be in effect now, and is automatic. Please note that members with less than 25 posts can still reply to a FS thread - if you see someone abusing that privilege to try to sell their own goods, please report the activity to a moderator.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Willie McDaries

excellent idea Travis,I would have went to a 50 post minimum though :D

I'm not a very trusting guy,without knowing someone for a while,or knowing they were a long time member/sponsor here,I wouldn't purchase from them anyway LOL

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Great Travis! This just goes to show how good this site is......when suggestions from the members "actually" happen!!!

Kudos to everyone who made it happen!

immerume2

I would probably do a 50 count to if I were u guys unless they were paying member or sponsor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good idea dude. I can see a "hobbiest " selling alot ie web seller in disguise. 50 is a tougher post count n may dissuade sellers since its more of a pain but so far Uve done great so we'll watch out.

.....I'm a Myreeftoyours.com addict.