New fish

Dracunculus

Well, after reading a lot about dwarf angels, I finally decided to take the plunge and bought a Flame Angel last week. So far there have no problems in the tank..it has adapted nicely to its new home and is eating most of the foods I feed the tank with. My corals remain untouched to this point, but I am watching them closely for signs of nipping. Don't have any of the livestock which are reportedly the most tempting to dwarf angels (i.e. open brains or clams) so I am hoping that the success will continue. Will post a pic once I get a good one.

Brucey

Drac . . . yep, I've got a bi-colour dwarf and it has never touched my corals. It did however instantly nip at my Tri maxima I introduced until it withered away. Lesson learnt . . . don't be tempted
Brucey

Gina

RS STAFF
We have a Flame Angel also. Has never bothered any of the corals and the only other fish it chases every now and then is our Orchid Dottyback. Probably because the dottyback harrased it when we first got it! LOL.

Good luck with yours! They are beautiful!

Tarasco

I had a flame angel for a while, great fish that didn't bother anything. I hope that yours works out as well!

Dracunculus

As promised, here is a photo.

27204-07-29_072-med.jpg

BoomerD

Nice fish, one of my favorites, but I'm surprised you didn't quarantine it before putting it in the display tank...I've been a devout quarantiner since I had a Flame angel bring parasites and kill most of my tank. Almost 20 yrs ago, and I haven't forgotten THAT lesson...

Dracunculus

I would quarantine, except that I fall among that large group of aquarists who know that they should quarantine, but don't.

I know I am tempting fate, but I have not as of yet been burned (and as a human being, I feel free to revel in my denial..hehe). My hippo tang did break out in ich after I got it, but it survived and is now thriving.

Brucey

Boomer . . . . there is a LARGE group of people who know what we should do but don't. Until 4 weeks ago I was one of these people. Then I introduced a Blue Fin Angel and within two days it was dead and I had ich throughout the tank. One month has past and the system has just about cleared. I spent a lot of money on UV protection and have now setup a Q tank . . . . I guess we can all be told, but until you have an impending disaster you don't heed the warnings . . . . JMO
Brucey