New corals with some questions

angnak

I just gota leather coral from my LFS along with a brain and a hammer. They said it would be okay even though the leather can be toxic. I was just reading that leathers are to toxic for brain and hammers. The store was having a sale of buy two corals get the third free and my wife liked the leather and I did some research a while back and remebered that they weren't to difficult to care for but if the toxicity is going to kill my new coral then back to the store it will go. What do you guys think?

lcstorc

Great advice given. Keep them separate and run carbon and you should be ok. Be aware as well that the hammer can and will sting your other corals. I had one that killed my brain in a matter of an hour or so before I saw it and tried to rescue. The brain was too badly damaged and died from the sting.

Snappy

Great advice given. Keep them separate and run carbon and you should be ok. Be aware as well that the hammer can and will sting your other corals. I had one that killed my brain in a matter of an hour or so before I saw it and tried to rescue. The brain was too badly damaged and died from the sting.

I myself have a mixed reef and it's ok, however remember that they all inflate themselves and the hammer can stretch quite a ways. Give them good distance and as mentioned run carbon to absorb the toxins. Your tank will now be a chemical warfare zone.:smirk:

CATALYST

Gotta have the carbon. I took mine out for a couple days and everyone looked unhappy. Put it back in a things are fine again.