new chiller

becki

today i got a new chiller ,i was all excited,looked in the box and no instructions ,thats the way it is :smack:

Scouter Steve

Ok, do you need instructions? Water goes in and comes out. Mine says in and out next to the connections. How are you plumbing it? I ran mine as part of a closed loop, but that has changed now to in-line with my return pump.

lcstorc

What type of chiller are you talking about? I just got at Pacific Coast 1/4 hp so those directions are right on the counter. Easy enough to scan and email if that is of any help. The one thing we needed to know what the suggested flow through rate so we could calculate the head loss and determine what pump we really needed. Most sites where you can buy the chiller give at least this basic info.
Do not put your chiller inside the stand. Even though it only rarely runs do to the weather we have nothiced a significant amount of heat comig fron the chiller. We may have to ger drastic abd find a way to vent the heat outside the house or my AC bill will be going up dramatically,

becki

i know this sounds stupid but i going to hook this up myself ,what size tubing ,and can you hook it up with a power head it'sa pacfic coast 1/4 hp

BHinAK

click on the link above the price that says for instructions and you'll beable to download the 900k adobe file of the booklet

lcstorc

I too just aded a 1/4 hp Pacific Coast Chiller. If you get stuck PM me and I will ask my husband what he did.
Basically we have a bulkhead in the fuge that has PVC going to a 1200gph mag pump which is outside the sump, fuge etc. Then he ran PVC through the length of the stand and out the back side. The chiller should not go in your stand if it is inclosed. Then I think he went for flexible tubing to connect to the chiller. The output on the chiller we have going to a relatively small manifold with 4 pieces of lockline giving us 4 flow areas even though it is pretty low due to head loss etc.
Ours is keeping the reef exactly where we set it, and is extremely quiet. It does produce a lot of heat so next we may try to vent the exhaust outside the house.
Let me know if I can be of any help. (OK so I will get help from my huband. I really know very little about plumbing.)