New Anemone

ChrisJan

THought I would throw up some pictures of the new anemone. It seems to be doing quite well in the tank. The tomato clown we have hosted it within hours. I believe it is a magnificent anemone, but i could be wrong. It is hard to tell what a lot of th species are that we buy here in Japan since none of the stores have english descriptions so it is up to us to find out what they are. We also woke up this morning and found what appears to be a baby anemone. Maybe you guys can help us out on the second picture.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/cjmh2112/tank pics/anemoneandtomatoclown.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/cjmh2112/tank pics/babyanemone.jpg

nightfire76

thats a baby anemone alright but it is aptasia and ya neeed to kill it.....ppepermint shrimp eat them....or lemon juice inject them...or many other ways....just google aptasia removal....they can spread fast in a tank and take over....the first one though is beautiful.....many people say ya shouldnt keep anemones but seeing ones like that who wouldnt want to try one

mbdave

The anemone is entacnea quadricolor, "bubble tip anemone" they are very hardy for anemone standards with the right conditions. The tomatoe will love the anemone as it seems it already doe's. The little anemone is an aptasia s the last person said.
Good luck,
Dave

ChrisJan

Well it was doing well, now it decided to move and met the fan. Luckily we caught it in time and released him before to much damage was done. By the way I guess he wanted some variety in his diet and ate our tang.

ChrisJan

Well the aptasia is gone. THe anemone seems to be doing well after the encounter with the fan. Hehas moved to the other side of the rock where he was and I guess the coral beauty did not realize he was there and ended up paying for it.

ChrisJan

OK, well the BTA needed to split but he was not willing to do it on his own so I took the liberty of helping him. All seems to be well. The two I created wrapped back into themselves, hopefully to regenerate. I have them hanging in a drilled out tupperware in the tank to give them a few days before I put them back into the tank to move around.