new anemone need help

aquachef

just bought new anemone first one i ever had. have had tank for 2 years. water was tested at local store and said was in good condition

catran

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!

Congrats on the Nem, they're awesome little animals! Hopefully you have a good light. They need high lighting. What kind of anemone is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
just bought new anemone first one i ever had. have had tank for 2 years. water was tested at local store and said was in good condition
what kind of help do you need? from your post the first help I can offer is that you learn to use test kits and do not rely on your lfs for any answers

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Help I can offer is please b specific with questions. Welcome

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

aquachef

the anemone is a white sebae its been two days and it just floated around first day and now its just laying upside down. first day it kept emitting this white foggy substance out of it.any ideas?

catran

Is that a 2 bulb T5? If it is, you'll need much more than that. I can't find that model light on the web...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
aquachef, there is no white sebae anemone, what you have is a bleached/unhealthy Heteractis Crispa, from capture to you it has been mishandled, it will require lots of light and careful feeding if it survives, upside down and oozing is a bad sign, check to see if the tentacles are still sticky if not its dead, if you gently bring it to the surface and smell it, if it stinks get it out or the whole tank will be polluted.
If you want to try again some time just ask us about whats needed and we will happily fill you in.Best luck!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Tough to keep yes however isn't that still a sebae?

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

aquachef

thanks guys for your help. i took it out it was dead. any suggestion on what to put in tank safely? have 2 clowns 1 goby, 6 mushrooms and trees that multiply like crazy. the light is this one Aquatic Life thanks again for any help.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
the anem you bought was something that should not have been for sale, odds are very bad trying to rescue one that far gone, if your tank is stable and around a yr old and you find a healthy specimen you can try again.
If you decide to try again ask us what to look for, and an online shipped anem is not a good idea.

aquachef

thank for your help. took anemone out it was dead. any suggestions on what to place in tank safely, maybe a clam if possible. the light is a 4bulb t5 ho. and there are currently 2 clowns, 1 goby, 6 mushrooms and trees that are multiplying like crazy. thanks again for any help.

bigvag

Clams are also a high light requirement animal. They require a well established tank. What size tank do you have? And what are your peramiters.