New 250 Max owner checking in

salty23

Tank looks great soo far!
Just curious why the Elos ATO as opposed to the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155
Auto Top Off?

The tunze has a fail safe, not sure if the Elos does as well. I'm trying to pick between the two and I am leaning towards the Tunze from reviews. Anything to help sway my decisions? thanks!

Westerner

Tank looks great soo far!
Just curious why the Elos ATO as opposed to the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155
Auto Top Off?

The tunze has a fail safe, not sure if the Elos does as well. I'm trying to pick between the two and I am leaning towards the Tunze from reviews. Anything to help sway my decisions? thanks!

Thank you Salty. I chose the Elos because it doesn't use a float switch. I like the probe sensor only,and it doesn't use alot of space. I bought a few more of these Elos units for my other tanks recently..

salty23

I was reading the BRS reviews, some people were complaining that it was bad and it doesn't have a fail safe etc compared to the Tunze which has the probe sensor AND the float switch? I am torn between picking these 2. However it appears you've had success with the ELOS and maybe I'll give it a try and run it like you have.

so what else is needed besides the ELOS top off? just the connecting hose for the pump?

Westerner

I was reading the BRS reviews, some people were complaining that it was bad and it doesn't have a fail safe etc compared to the Tunze which has the probe sensor AND the float switch? I am torn between picking these 2. However it appears you've had success with the ELOS and maybe I'll give it a try and run it like you have.

so what else is needed besides the ELOS top off? just the connecting hose for the pump?

Hi Salty it does have a fail safe ( Alarm) feature built in with light..

DSCN2684.jpg

I bought all mine at Marine Depot which has good reviews..