nesco tang

becki

:bigbounce i was wondering if i could put a nesco tang with my other 3 tangs ,2 yellow and 1 purple ,will they they fight?

lcstorc

Wow 2 yellows and a purple that get along. That is unusual. I assume you added them at the same time and/or are very lucky.

Tom Owens

Has been struck by the ban stick
I made the mistake of getting two yellows years ago when I first started. I had a 30 long at the time.

It looked like a Rodney King beat-down going on.

Tom

Jorgens

I have a yelow and a scopus that get along great. I added them at the same time an they swimg together like buds....I'd still like a Naso but got advised against it. I have a couple frineds that are in the hobby as well so if i end up with something that may be problematic, ill toss it their direction and vice versa.

I'd devise a back-up plan in case they don't get along but otherwie get it. Acclimate it and toss it in with the lights off the rest of the day. If it works kudos, if not you have your plan B. But I'm a bit of a gambler

Good Luck

BoomerD

Presumably, you mean a NASO tang (Naso lituratus) ? If so, you'll need a LARGE tank for one. They grow to be 18" in the wild, so you can figure on at least 12" in an aquarium.
How big IS your tank? You already have 3 zebrasoma tangs, which like the others have mentioned, is leading up to some heavy aggression, if it hasn't already started.
Otherwise, if the tank is large enough, (say..over 200 gallons) then the naso SHOULD be fine with your others, totally different body shape, different natural food sources, etc) I had one Naso in my 90 gallon for a long time, (yeah, I know, do as I say, not as I do, but it was waiting to go into my 180) and it got along fine with my purple and kole tangs. NEVER anything more than an occasional twitch of the tail at each other.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
becki said:
:bigbounce i was wondering if i could put a nesco tang with my other 3 tangs ,2 yellow and 1 purple ,will they they fight?

Are you referring to the Naso Tang ? These fish when mature are enormous. The only way I see this working is if the tank is very large and the Naso is bigger than the current Tangs.