Need supplier advice for replacement tubing

LakeLivin

Hello everyone, I want to replace the gray tubing that goes to the auto top off on my Max-S series tank. To ensure I get the correct type and diameter size I was hoping someone can provide me a link to an online supplier where I can order some. Thanks!

DaveK

If the tubing need not be gray, take a sample of the existing tubing and visit a Home Depot or Lowes or similar store and get a length of clear PVC tubing. It will cost you a lot less. Usually you need to match the insider diameter of the tubing.

Getting an exact match for parts usually means going back to the manufacturer, and it's usually fairly expensive.

SubRosa

Depending upon how the system is set up, clear tubing could be problematic. If the tubing is exposed to light, it can get cruddy with algae very quickly. This is mostly a cosmetic issue, until it isn't. Try to locate a pond supply store and match your tubing up with the opaque black tubing used for ponds.

LakeLivin

Thanks guys, I'll have a look around at some of the local supply stores. I agree and will avoid clear tubing.

I found one website that sells replacement parts for RedSea tanks but they do not carry everything. It's a shame Redsea does not seem to direct sell anything and we are left to scrounge the web parts.