Need some help with my AI Nano

TheDuke

So I unplugged my AI Nano yesterday to do a water change, as per usual. Finished doing the water change on my 25 gallon cube and went to plug the light back in... it works for a split second as you plug it in and then nothing!

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? I'm leaning towards a bad power supply or (god forbid) a bad circuit board, although the second seems unlikely if the light is still working even for a second.

Thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

As a side note the tech guy said he would call me back within an hour yesterday and never returned my call. Awful customer service.

Roots

Hmmmm... I would lean towards a power supply as well, but I have no experience with AI stuff. The cheaper thing to replace would probably be the power supply, but I would definitely call AI back and demand to speak with someone. For what they charge for their gear they should be offering superb customer service. Just remember that you will catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar so be mindful of how you address them. Frustration on your part that turns to animosity towards them can quickly make a company rep not want to deal with you.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cross your fingers and HOPE it's the PS :)

Either way I like how Roots put it with the "Flies" analogy... very well said :)

Good luck :)

steved13

PREMIUM
I would first check the connection, if it flickers it's probably getting juice, still could be the power supply, but usually once their gone their gone.

Next I would reset the controller, if the connection to the power supply is good, I'd bet on the controller. I'm not familiar with the nano, but with my Sols sometimes they do waht your describing after being unplugged, I usually just unplug the control wires and plug them back and they work again. If you have more than 1 fixture, you have to try all of them because they daisy chain. If only one I would unplug the controller and the power and then plug in the power and then the controller. If that doesn't work try the opposite order. I never really paid attention to the sequence, I just kind of tried all the connections until they came back on.

Hope this helps.