need ideas on how to build a fuge/sump

can i add a bubble rail to a saltwater tank?

well i posted a thread about sump ideas i got the basic idea now that a couple people posted some good ideas now to the next question i thought iw ould use the same thread to reduce alot of thread post and my comp isnt loading the forum post right now for some reason but can i add a bubble rail to my tank to increase flow and oxygen in my tank? or is this a bad idea?

thanks alot
thomas

Last edited:

chipmunkofdoom2

It's more than possible. Many people use overflow boxes for their sumps, which DO NOT require drilling. See this page for general info on how the whole overflow/sump system interacts. How an overflow works is a little more complex. I'm can't really find good diagrams.

thnx alot will check it out today is a boring day no one is home but me so perfect time kid is gone to the gmas and wife is at work soo really is a perfect time...

ZAPCOnj

Check this out and watch the video in the thread

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ics-hang-back-overflow-review-12-03-08-a.html

as for how your sump could look... maybe you can steal some ideas from this pic:
Ref45forweb.jpg

good luck in your diy and post up some pics! no one want's to admit it... but we're all picture whores!

lol ill admit it i am a picture whore about my tanks i think i have a little over 3000 pics on my comp of my tanks and builds i have did fresh water mostly but alot of my saltwater and fish but getting ready to check out the sites you guys posted thnx

the youtube vid wouldnt work for me comp is to slow lol but will deff check it out later when i get to my brothers house before work

thnx for the ideas on to the next question lol if you could help me here too it would be great and appreciate you takin your time and showing me these things and helpin out.....

ZAPCOnj

how big is your tanK? I have a 40 breeder and I'm using a CD100DX (delux kit.. it came with the aqualifter pump). I could have gotten away with the CS50 but i bought a return pump with a 800gph flow rate at the tank so the CS50 would not keep up with my return pump.

you can still use a smaller pump with the bigger Overflow since the overflow will only send an equal amount of water back to the sump as your return pump sends back. but if you use a smaller Overflow than what your return pump is rated for you will find that the water is not returning to your sump fast enough and may experience some display tank flooding.

btw.. i got my CPR overflow kit from ebay. it was pretty cheap.