Need ID for slug kind athing

Found this in my tank l;ast night.
I know it is a slug, but a better ID would be helpful.

_MG_9303.jpg

Oxylebius

Does it have an internal shell? If so possibly from the family Pleurobranchidae.

In the family Pleurobranchidae external shells are absent, but may have an internal shell. Possibly a Berthella species.
Genus: Berthella › Nudibranch & Sea Slug » Nudi Pixel - the page has a list w/photos.
Possibly:
Berthella serenitas Burn, 1962 - Pleurobranchidae » Nudi Pixel
Berthella agassizi (MacFarland, 1909) - Pleurobranchidae » Nudi Pixel - geographic range from Mexico to Brazil (including the Caribbean); color can vary

Berthella species feed on sponges. Pleurobranchus species feed on ascidians.

There is also a Pleurobranchus stellatus and a Pleurobranchus agassizii that sort of fit the look of your photo also - both Caribbean species.

That's the best I can do for right now. Do you have any other photos that you can upload of it? To help better ID the anatomy. Did you just add live rock, if so where did it come from? This can also help narrow down location for better ID as well.

Mike Johnson

I know you want to identify it, but even when you do identify it you still have to figure out what it eats which is difficult. There is very little info or research done on that. I'll help you out a little - it is a polyclad flatworm. Most likely it will eat all your snails. Orbit will eat all your tunicates. It is a very bad pest either way. I think I have written this ten times. Don't take pics of it, get it out, put it in a specimen container then take pics. Believe me I learned that lesson the hard way.

Mike Johnson

Since you were nice to me, I figured I would help you identify it and tell you what they eat. But most people don't take the word of someone on the computer, so, I always try to back it up.

Mike Johnson

Great. We came home from fishing one night and the power had been off for about an hour. We saw this and I started taking pictures of it. That aquarium is totally imported live rock and I am very tolerant of hitchhikers. They breathe through their skin and it was going to the top to get air. The power came back on within a couple minutes and it headed down to the sand very quickly and under and never was seen again. After an exhaustive search I identified it as a Discodoris Coerulescens and after a lot more research found that they eat tunicates. I had a lot of tunicates. They were always squirting eggs into the water column. This happened a year ago and I'm starting to see tunicates squirt eggs now, so maybe it died. I got up twice a night for a month trying to catch that guy. That's why I say, "I learned the hard way."

Mike Johnson

And, just about a week ago my wife's yelling at me from the other room, "That things out on the glass." I go running in there and just attack my Lettered Olive. We hadn't seen it in about a year-and-a half and presumed it had passed. That Lettered Olive was one of the first inhabitants from 8 years ago. So, I guess I'm still not over it. Poor little Olive.