Need help with new Reef tank

MrMattyMooks

hey, so we have a product at work called kordon ich attack, supposedly reef/invert safe, 100% organic, anyone have any experience with this?

i dont see anything on the clown's, and was wondering if this is safe to use as a treatment in the tank?

also, do you know what's the name of an ro/di water you can buy, both lfs dont carry it surprisingly and i cant bo the system this quickly.
i thought someone said something about being able to buy it at the supermarket? any brand name?

the toadstool still has not "opened" i guess i will call it. it looks like he has a film, almost like an algea build up on parts of the top of him..
he is standing erect. he is approx 10inches from light directly underneath, the white light.
anything i should do, or just leave him be?

thanks
matt

Rhodes19

hey, so we have a product at work called kordon ich attack, supposedly reef/invert safe, 100% organic, anyone have any experience with this?

i dont see anything on the clown's, and was wondering if this is safe to use as a treatment in the tank?

also, do you know what's the name of an ro/di water you can buy, both lfs dont carry it surprisingly and i cant bo the system this quickly.
i thought someone said something about being able to buy it at the supermarket? any brand name?

the toadstool still has not "opened" i guess i will call it. it looks like he has a film, almost like an algea build up on parts of the top of him..
he is standing erect. he is approx 10inches from light directly underneath, the white light.
anything i should do, or just leave him be?

thanks
matt

PM sent

lcstorc

Great advice already given so I am left with nothing much to say. As far as the leather/toadstool they are known to slime when they are stressed. I would try to gently swish the water nearby and see if that will clear off the slime. Generally speaking leathers can take a lot of abuse so it will likely come back just give it some time. One other thing about leathers. The slime they produce is a part of their defense and is actually toxic. Start running some carbon to remove the toxins. To do this just get some activated carbon (should be at your lfs but for long term you can buy in bulk on the net cheaper). Rinse it well with RO/DI or distilled water. Preferably let it sit overnight in fresh RO/DI water but not an absolute must. But it in a net bag or piece of stocking and put it in the tank or in your filter compartment. Anywhere that gets some flow. If you don't rinse it well enough you tank may get a kind of black haze. Nothing to freak about. It will go away fairly quickly and next time you just know to rinse more thoroughly.
As far as the rest of the tank take the advice given. You are way overstocked particularly for a new tank. I would take everything back except perhaps your favorite 2 and definitely take back the tangs. They just plain need more room than your tank has. Take the anemone back as well assuming it is still alive. With the detaching you describe it may already be gone. As soon as you remove it from the tank, you will know. A dead anemone stinks really bad.
Now for the crabs. As you have probably seen in the crabs are evil thread I am not a fan of crabs of any kind and much prefer to use snails and shrimp as well as algae eating fish for my clean up needs, but I wouldn't tear apart the tank to get two emerald crabs. Generally they behave pretty well. The only issue you are likely to have is if they are going for food that is in your polyps and they might get irritated.
Other than that, just chill and do water changes. Sas is right. Don't go making a lot of changes right now. You just want to lower the bio-load, run carbon, and do some water changes. I wouldn't be dosing anything at this point. The corals you have don't really need or use the calcium so I would monitor the PH and as long as it is withing reasonable limits let the water changes do the dosing for you.
As far as the RO/DI filter, you can get an RO filter at the home improvement store but they usually don't have the DI filter as well. Not a requirement but the DI adds another layer of filtration that is nice to have. For your size tank I would just get a small unit that attaches to your sink. Check our sponsors and you will likely get a better system for less money than at the home improvement store. Until you get that set-up distilled water is perfectly fine, just expensive.
Well I wrote far more than I meant to but bottom line this is a hobby that will always be a challenge. That is part of the fun. Just keep reading and asking questions and remember the number one rule is to go slowly.

lzrlvr

you run a pet store? it seems you should have done a bit more research before you dove into reef keeping. there are many good books and magazines that can help get you going in the right direction.