Need help with MH upgrade

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I finally received my ballast and bulb from pro_builder today, I switched the ballasts and capaciter in my CSL prism pendant wired it all up, switched bulbs, plug it in and it strarts (appears to be a pulse start ballast). The bulb fires, acheives it's full brightness (I assume) and then it the bulb starts to make a high pitched whine increasing in volume until the bulb flashes out. I can unplug the ballast for 5 minutes plug it back in and the process repeats itself, or I can leave it plugged in and it strats all over again. Is it the bulb?? The noise is definately coming from the bulb. I've got another 250W bulb that's been sitting here waiting, as soon as it cools I'm gonna put it in and see what happens. The bulb and ballast were sold to me as an upgrade retro, so I would think they should work together.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Never mind, I am always amazed when I don't blow myself up doing a DIY project, this one is no exception, goofed on the wiring!!

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I answered your email Troy, the first thing I did after posting this was to take the cover off and go over the wiring again. I am reallly amazed after switching it to where it's supposed to be that it works correctly, quiet and steady ;)

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Yeah, working great. Dyslexia strikes again, I had the wiring diagram, I just read it wrong and I wired both wires of the capaciter to both wires of the socket and each socket wire had a red or a yellow wire from the ballast, coulda been ugly, real glad I grounded it.