Need Help...Black & White Misbar Ocellaris Prespawning, but???

thercwizard

I have been doing a ton of reading and have my rotifers on reserve & all lined up, but? I have also been keeping the water extremely clean and test it daily. Lets face it though, I could read every book out there, but I find others personal experiences very valuable as well. I have a mated pair of Black & White Misbars. They have been what seems like prespawning now for about 4-5 weeks. I noticed this morning the male ate fairly well, but this afternoon and this evening not hardly at all. Originally I thought there may have been something wrong with him, but he looks & acts good and healthy other than the eating thing. The female seems to be eating like the usual hog she is, but it seems to be a little bit more as of late. There is a small crevice (probably 2"x2") under the nem that is between two rocks. This evening he went inside there and is just kind of hanging out appears & to be cleaning some. The female has been doing her normal cleaning of the tile I have had in the tank as well and throwing sand with her tail making a divit. I have noticed that she has been doing some cleaning a little around the area where the male seems to have taken temporary residence. Normally when its time for bed they host/rest up top by the skimmer pump in the right hand corner of the tank. Tonight though when I turned the lights out they did retreat to their normal resting place. So just kind of curiuos to seek out others opinions as to what the heck is going on here. It appears from what I have read they may be close to laying a clutch, but not totally certain. Any knowledgeable help or friendly advice would be totally appreciated. I will look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, J:dunno: