Nano Setup Question.

tommyp

Yeah. My nano is much more a fowlr/QT so far the curlies have been fine for me
I wouldn't say I was real happy
but I don't have many corals just low light hardy frags from my main tank. But it seems that MBL is considering them for his possible sps nano tank and there are many better and basically just as cheap diy options out there.

If I was going to turn my 5.5 into full blown reef. I am not sure what I would do. maybe 2x28watt pc's or one 70 watt halide. I am running my nano on the cheap so I like the curlies but for real reef purposes (especially larger nanos) money is better spent towards better and more efficent lights.

T

Last edited:

Mebigloser

Hey guys,
Keep the info coming, I would also like to hear about some of your filter setups along with pictures.

I have not made up my mind on the lighting yet, just saw the curlies on the other board and it was completely new to me.

I currently run 440 VHO lighting on my 75 and I am very happy with them, so I will either run VHO or the Metal on the nano.....I think....

Thanks Mebigloser (MBL)

kennerd

OK:

10 gal:

150w halide, 20kk coralvue
Icecap balast
Ecosystem 40 hang-on

10.JPG

I ran a 12 gal for 3 years until recently breaking it down as well....take was established for 5 years before I bought it whole:

3x32w PC's (10k, 50/50, 03actinic)
icecap fan (3")
Ecosystem 40 hang-on

birdman204

nICE 'nERD, NEVER actuall yseen the HOB on yours.
Standar LR, and LS. I added a HOB fuge for pod production / larger water volume/ place to hide equipment and macro growth for nutrient uptake. I have recentley added a piccolo skimmer due to a fish death. Helped tremendously. will probably remove it soon. WC are the best method of water stability. IMO.

I run 1x32 actinic PC and 1 70W MH 20K, and a 32 W daylight over the fuge. check into t-5's also. cheap to use, and replace.