Nano Reef Lighting

CMG

I previously ran a 40g tank which was easy to find lighting for and last night I bought a 12"x12"x12" tank to start a nano. My biggest problem at this point is trying to find a light that will work for me. Will it be ok to run a PC light on this tank for LPS's since it is so shallow and small? It seems the only tiny fixtures that I can find to hang above my tank are PC's, I cannot locate a small MH fixture, the smallest seems to be 20 or 24 inches long. I would like to hand a MH light but if PC's will work then I guess I can go that route. MH just makes the tank so nice and bright! If anyone could also recommend a place to find a smaller fixture that would be great. thank you.

Have you looked at the viper MH? its 150w which i think is a over kill for the tank. Also you can make a DIY LED fixture if you have the money. I have a 14g biocube with stock lighting and my LPS seem to do fine. If i wanted to go with SPS then i would need to upgrade.

Cassette87

Toan, took the words out of my mouth! there is also a viper 70w! just run a quick search for "viper 70w hqi" they run about $170

CMG

Thanks guys. Those viper lights look like clamp on's. I was really hoping to find something I could hang from my ceiling.

CMG

Well I found out just now that the tank is on back order! AAA, oh well, that gives me more time to find a light and to also find a place that sells live rock without a min order of 25lbs! haha.