Nano Photos

dobejazz

I've thought of doing that... But with that much unseen boundaries it would be hard to control.

It's actually much easier to control I just scrape it off in sheets (it is a pain at the overflow)

I was never able to peel it off the rocks and it invaded the entire tank at one point

Emg

Keep them and set up the 50 :) you can never have to many reefs

Haha.....nope...don't have the funds to be going out and buying a bunch more LR and all the other jazz that I would need in order to do that. I'm making a vain attempt at getting our electric bill down a bit by consolidating tanks where I can.

I'm going to enjoy the 50 when I can find the time to set it all up....should be here within the hour ! :D

leahski

It's actually much easier to control I just scrape it off in sheets (it is a pain at the overflow)

I was never able to peel it off the rocks and it invaded the entire tank at one point

how long has it been growing? i'd love to do that. how did you start it, just glue a piece onto the wall?
i really want to see a pic of the tank when its all open! :)

dobejazz

how long has it been growing? i'd love to do that. how did you start it, just glue a piece onto the wall?
i really want to see a pic of the tank when its all open! :)

The tank has been up for 3 years and that is one of my first corals - It started on a rock then took over until it ended up on a rock touching the back - Last July I tried to remove all the rocks with it on and just kept it on the back

I'll try to find or take a pic of it open it's pretty cool looking

dobejazz

i bet! it even looks cool when it's closed!
happy reefing.

Here is a pic of it open

1-08_tanks_192.jpg

leahski

so do you think any kind of encrusting coral would do that? i'd really like to stick a frag on my back wall and get some cool live wallpaper for my reef! :)

i've heard of xenia doing it too. can you think of others that might be able to?

dobejazz

so do you think any kind of encrusting coral would do that? i'd really like to stick a frag on my back wall and get some cool live wallpaper for my reef! :)

i've heard of xenia doing it too. can you think of others that might be able to?

They are hard to see but I have green shrooms on the back wall too they are on the right side about 1/2 way down

Emg

The do sell magnets that are made for sticking coral onto tank walls. You glue the frag to the "plug" side and there's a magnet that attaches it to the wall of the tank. Same thing as a mag float, but for corals......

for those who might be interested... Aqua-Mags

althea2you

well i havnt added anything here yet!!! :p here is my 28g nano... i just rescaped again! LOL.. cause my zoas are not looking well.. so i thought maybe a relocation would help. we'll see. here's my tank just taken today! OH, and this tank was set up in June/July 2007.

FTS4-9-08.jpg

Last edited:

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
everything looks happy to me. I have some green buttons like that on the right side. i have been waiting for some green star polyps like those too...I need some!

althea2you

everything looks happy to me. I have some green buttons like that on the right side. i have been waiting for some green star polyps like those too...I need some!

you want some?!!! LOL.. i would be more than happy to trim it up. the GSP on the left... right? cause i have GSP in the middle too...

fsu1dolfan

Well i know these are a little old but i wanted to post a few.....eveuntally this week i will do a cleaning and get some new pics!!

Early stage

l_f70bbd6262b82108aedd6ad4c674d7b4.jpg

Middle somewhere

iPhonePictures007.jpg

Lastest Photo (by the way i new a better camera)

l_d9437053854f42eef4e7fc6465949231.jpg

djbacon

Just realized I never posted here - thought i had.

this is just after installing my new lighting upgrade.

IMG_2658.jpg