Name this Worm

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I posted this video once before but after seeing MORE THAN A DOZEN of these as soon as the lights went out last night....
I'm re-posting it to see if anyone knows more about these worms.
They are in my sandbed. As far as I can tell, only up next to the glass....but I wonder if that's just the only ones that I can see. :fishy:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I am going to ASSUME they they are good worms. Just always worry about over populations of anything. They are staying very l-o-n-g and skinny & I don't see them bothering anything.
If I thought they were evil, I'd get a wrasse....but really don't want anymore fish. At my limit & don't have a QT. Big Risk to my tank.

DaveR11

My guess would be a Polychaete as well and it looks like it is feeding on the glass but I'm sure Oxy will have a much better idea than me. Could you see any antennae? Maybe a Dorvilleid worm (looking on LionfishLair....). It should have 4 antennae if it is.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I don't remember seeing a post that got the ID name so I could find out if over population was a problem. :dunno:
Maybe I just wasn't worried about it when I thought there was only ONE :ponder2:
Anyway, Yes....I posted it but can't find that post now :confused:

They don't have any antennaes that I have seen & I see them through magnification lens.

Oxylebius

Please take a pic through your magnifying glass and post here. I need to see the head and butt. Yes, that's right, head and butt to give a positive ID on polycheates. :yup:

In the meantime, it is obviously happy eating algae off the glass. So, you know what they like to eat. And if you haven't had any issues with anything disturbing or eating your corals all this time you've had them, then you have nothing to worry about. If they wanted to cause harm to your corals, it would have (most likely) have happened by now.