Mysid shrimp colony

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
[video=youtube;3ZiRj7oXRPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiRj7oXRPM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

you can click on the little Film Strip icon, add your url & it will show up like ^ thanks for sharing !

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's WAY TOO COOL!! I bet your fish keep a full tummy all the time?
Nice video...thanks for sharing!

Thanks Glenn...I just learned something!! I can post videos now too!! :yehoo:

Last edited:

Creekview

That's WAY TOO COOL!! I bet your fish keep a full tummy all the time?
That is live brine shrimp, right? :

Nope, mysid. Brine shrimp look totally different. Adults look nothing like shrimp. These are sometimes referred to as possum shrimp. They look just like tiny transparent shrimp. They started appearing in the tank a couple of months ago. Now they're everywhere.

Oxylebius

Great vid of mysids. I have a bunch in my tank also, never been able to capture footage of them though.

Creekview

In this ecosystem I call a reef tank, things constantly change and evolve. Last night I went 'pod hunting. It appears that the mysids have displaced some of my other large amphipods. There are still some, just a lot fewer. Zillions of mysid. Zillions. I'll have much better photos soon, I've been saving for a decent dslr to replace one that was stolen last year. Ordered it yesterday. iPads are cool, they're just not cameras.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I look forward to seeing more! Don't forget to share when you make another video or photo of them :)