My zoo's are dead???

sebastian

About week ago i saw that one of my zoo's colony wasn't opening -and than few days later 1/3 of the colony disep./// and the rest of the polyps were open but day by daymore polyps closed and now hole colony is gone :bs: . Other corals in the tank are perfect . i didn't change anything in the tank in last year. All parameters are OK.. any sugestions?

lcstorc

Did you add anything?
I mean anything? Rock, another coral, anything at all. Do you have leather corals? Do you run carbon?
Just a few questions to get started.

BLAKEJOHN

Do you have leather corals? Do you run carbon?

Just wondering what these two have to do with the zoas. I have a growing colony of zoo's that started with 1 polyp, Two leathers and run carbon 24/7. Is there a potential problem with the leathers and carbon?

lcstorc

Not with zoos in particular.
Leathers are famous for their chemical warfare. Running carbon removes the toxins from the water. So if you have leathers and are not running carbon the toxins from the leather could be having a negative effect on other corals.
I have a lot of leathers so a water change followed by new carbon is always the first thing I do when any issue arises with my corals.

blue_eyes53813

I have had big zoanthid colonies dissapear over night. I had Hitchhiker crabs that were eating them... Watch for predators. Could include snails, crabs, nudibranches, worms...

Just noticed you have an angel fish??? Could this fish be picking at the Zoanthids?

sebastian

thx ...... i didn't add anything in last 4-5 mnts /// i have some leathers and i naver had any problem before..... but it's always time for the first time:drunk: //// i run 2 phosban reactors with "seachem - renew" in them..... it works ..... i think that i might have the problem fron thet book about magical:bugout: disap. of colonies