My very first coral frags pics included...

Well here are a few pics of my very first coral frags.

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture039.jpg

So is there anyone on here that lives in Socal going to the marine aquarium society of ventura county frag swap nex saturday. If so hit me up with a pm and we can meet up there.

Duston

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Duston,
You know, I think I will be going there!!! I live by Knott's Berry Farm. Should not be too bad of a drive! Nice looking frags there two. Bring em both to the swap meet! I'll take em!!!!!!LOL

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Me thinks redseareef wants everybody's corals LOL!

Looks good Duston! Is the first one a maze coral or a favia or ?

Knott's Berry Farm - wow - that brings back memories! I was there visiting friends of my parents about 50 years ago, and also went to the original Disneyland when it was still a new park. I'm surprised Knott's is still around. Now I'm really showing my age! And getting way off topic. :threadjack:

Terry :)

mzreenie

I also went to visit Knotts Berry Farm, and Disneyland, Sequioa National Park, San Diego Zoo, all about 50 years ago as well. I lived in California throughout my Grammar School years.

Reefmak: Yes the first one is a green maze coral.

The second one i am still trying to remeber what the lfs said it was any help IDing it would be greatly appreciated.

Duston

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Geesh - you must be close to my age mzreenie - shhhh!

Duston - The second one is a Caulastrea - candy cane or trumpet:

Candy Cane vs Trumpet

I always get confused on which of the two is correct.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Duston - nice choices! Looks like a pom pom (Red Sea) Xenia and a type of Euphyllia (torch, frogspawn)? But, I can always be incorrect! :)

Terry

Cute Xenia: I have the same variety in my Rsm and I can tell you they grow tremendously fast when the conditions are right.

I would recommend to isolate them on a rock "island" because they have the potential to take over the entire tank.

Reefmack: You are correct the first one is a pulsing xenia and the secound one is a hammer coral. I placed the xenia in a spot in the tank so that when or if it takes off and starts to cover theings that it is kinda isolated. Thank u everyone for the kind words. Hope that the all grow and prosper well

Duston

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds like you're aware of what Xenia can do. Laurent is correct - they can take over a tank. They did that to my tank - colonies all over the place. Took me forever to get rid of it, but it is very beautiful. It will spread upwards, and possibly sideways, towards the lights. I've never seen it move downward. Laurent even had it climbing up his glass LOL!