my turn....

skeletor

hey everyone, been lurking for a bit but when I saw all the other NR dot commers show up I thought I should post something. I never really ventured into the lounge so the JCT is an unknown for me too.

anyway, been keeping SW for 4 or 5 years now, started with a 40, then a 10, the 40 went away and I upgraded the 10 to a 20.. I've also been doing volunteer work at the Birch Aquarium for a couple of years.

Current tank is a 20 with a 5gal fuge and a 5gal sump, also working on putting together a quiet 10gal for the kitchen.

here's a recent pic from my 20:

end_shot_jan04.JPG

-skeletor-

kennerd

and the virus spreads.....did you catch on from Crakeur's sig line? Hope so: classic.

What kind of lighting are you running there, and what's that purple coral in the dead center? Pocilipora or montipora?

Crakeur

that sig was up for all of 5 minutes ken.

besides, I stopped posting in the regular areas after Chris pulled the rug out from under us.

Doubt if anyone saw it.

BoomerD

Jeez! At this rate, C.M. is gonna have to fold shop.:thumbup: I've noticed lately that there have been fewer & fewer posts on the RAG, not a nanoer my self, so never go to that site, but there have been faint rumblings...
Anyway, :welcomera to the Sanctuary! Glad ya made it!
At this rate, you're gonna have to start a Nano Forum!

Brucey

Nice looking SPS .... welcome matey, you'll fit in well here with corals like that
Brucey

skeletor

the avatar is an old xray of my right ankle (tib/fib), with an external fixator for luck.. 21 screws, 2 plates and 18 months later I can walk again.. skydiving is a wonderful sport, until you hit the ground at 40mph.

I believe it's a pocillapora, came from the big reef tank at Birch :)

here's a pic of the mother under 6500K 400watters. you can see how pink it looks, but under my 20k XM it looks more purple.

100_3528.JPG

-skeletor-

Last edited:

skeletor

Originally posted by BoomerD

Reef Lady's sig line reads:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
does that mean Reef Lady has a parachute, or has she never skydived :confused: :confused: ?

yo Reef Lady, I can lend you a parachute if you want to try skydiving :D

seriously tho, does anyone else here jump ?

-skeletor-

skeletor

oh yeah, hey to all the folks formaly known as NR :lol:

good to see some familiar names around here.

-skeletor-

Craig Manoukian

That is an awesome shot and welcome all of you new folks.

I moved this to Off-Topic because of the RAG discussion which cannot be on the home page in the General Reef Discussion for obvious reasons.

Hope you understand. skeletor you are more than welcome to repost your picture in the General Reef Discussion forum and then we can keep the posts strictly related to the ID of that awesome SPS specimen.

No bashing of other borads/forums allowed so let's be careful no matter how benign we think our comments are. Thanks!;)

:) :D :cool: :p :smirk:

caja

Craig, I'd like to thank you for your polite post and explanation as to why the thread was moved.

howdy skeletor. loving that tank!