My tank

Jeremy0322

I get what you are saying, if I got rid of the scopas and got the tomini and then got a hippo I might be alright, still pushing it but alright.

Thats the idea, its all about what genus they are, you usually dont want 2 of the same or you can run into issues. Here is a list of the 5 that have been brought up between your tank and Blakes.

scopas - Zebrasoma scopas
yellow - Zebrasoma flaviscens
blue - Paracanthurus hepatus
tomini - Ctenochaetus tominiensis
powder brown - Acanthurus japonicus

Blake is running 3 different genus's where as you only have 1 at the moment and would be adding a different one in, providing even less space for the 2 who would be in the most competition.

scubaspew

Thats the idea, its all about what genus they are, you usually dont want 2 of the same or you can run into issues. Here is a list of the 5 that have been brought up between your tank and Blakes.

scopas - Zebrasoma scopas
yellow - Zebrasoma flaviscens
blue - Paracanthurus hepatus
tomini - Ctenochaetus tominiensis
powder brown - Acanthurus japonicus

Blake is running 3 different genus's where as you only have 1 at the moment and would be adding a different one in, providing even less space for the 2 who would be in the most competition.

Thank you for clarifying makes sense!

BLAKEJOHN

Let me give you abit of an up date. My powder brown got beat to death by my other two with in two weeks and I just never removed him from my signature.

BLAKEJOHN

I knew that the third tang might be an issue but I fell in love with the tang and it was a different species and different shape so I tryed my luck. I now know that I cannot add another tang of any sorts. You may have better luck but that is entirely up to you.