My tank at 9 months.

addict

Well, it's been a realllly long time since I posted a pic of my tank, so I figured (with some prompting from Gina) that I'd better post a new one. :)

This is the most recent shot I have... I'm currently suffering from a bout of red bugs, and the interesting thing is you can literally tell which corals are getting the life sucked out of them because they've grown about half as much as the ones that are unaffected.

I'll be contacting the vet about some Interceptor here shortly... I hope he doesn't treat me like I'm some kind of wacked-out junkie... :D

Anyway, here it is... I'll post a larger pic once my gallery space isn't in the negative... LOL. ;)

Attachments

• most-recent-med.jpg
    most-recent-med.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 58

Witfull

nice equipment,,,what are all those twigs blocking the view...lol

clams are looking great!

Gina

RS STAFF
Dave,
It looks great! Wow, it's really grown into a beautiful display! Thanks so much for the update!
FWIW..I am a Vet Tech and if you have any problems gettin interceptor just let me know what size you want and I'll pick it up for you. We have extra boxes hanging around and use it in the treatment area when needed.

Thanks again for the update! I said it before and will say it again....I love this set-up!!!

AJinNY

That is a very nice setup...its amazing how we each have our own "vision" of what we want our tank to look like, yet we usually like someone else's setup.

mps9506

Man, It's looking nice since the last time I saw it.
Congrats on almost being done with school. I was doing the same thing last year. And I barely remember it :) I just eremember september, then graduating a little while later, and no it wasn't due to the beer :D

Anyhow good luck with the red bugs. I'm about to do a treatment myself. I've already lost two colonies to the buggers.

Wow David I'm impress how your tank looks now!Red bugs are in fashion now everybody has them.I heard good thing about interceptor but some reefers claim that it also kills other lives including start fishes and acro crabs.I have no idea if it's harmful to beneficial bacteria.
For some reason my yellow acros were affected with red bugs but 3 months later after some acro crabs moved in they (bugs) were gone!
I'm thinking that perhaps these acro crabs helped the clean-up of the red pest?
Have anyone noticed this?
BTW the colors of the corals are nice!And also the water is so clear.

VINA

addict

Wow, many thanks to all of you. :)
For the sake of keeping things all together, I've gone ahead and started posting again to my other thread... about time to get that thing populated with pictures again.
I've also got a lot larger version of the pic here posted in that thread.

And yeah, red bugs seem to be all the rage these days. :D
I've lost two frags so far, and they're starting to do a number on my colonies... I figure it's about time I 'do' something...

I definitely appreciate the offer Gina... you'll probably be getting a PM from me. :)
I figure that's the hardest part, trying to convince the vet that he needs to prescribe heartworm meds for your reef tank. :)
If I can make that part easier, then I'm all for it. :)

I thank you all again, and look forward to chatting with you all in the weeks ahead. :)

mps9506

VINA DEL MAR said:
Wow David I'm impress how your tank looks now!Red bugs are in fashion now everybody has them.I heard good thing about interceptor but some reefers claim that it also kills other lives including start fishes and acro crabs.I have no idea if it's harmful to beneficial bacteria.
For some reason my yellow acros were affected with red bugs but 3 months later after some acro crabs moved in they (bugs) were gone!
I'm thinking that perhaps these acro crabs helped the clean-up of the red pest?
Have anyone noticed this?
BTW the colors of the corals are nice!And also the water is so clear.

VINA

You shouldn't have any problems with it killing your fish.
I did treatment a while ago, but got the bugs again through some trading. you will loss shrimp and crabs that are in the tank. Take out whatever shrimp and crabs you have, do your treatment, I would recomend tryring to keep those fellas somewhere until you do all three treatments.
My acro crabs did nothing to help the bugs. In fact my granulosa colony rtn'ed from the bugs and there as a crab in it. After the colony was fragged up he moved into my monti digitata, go figure an acro crab living in a monti...