My skimmer is here mc500

mike1970

Ok so I got my new skimmer Deltec mc500:) (rsm-250) if anyone has some helpful hints or tips or tricks to help me out setting it up. Like the experiences that you've had with it. feel free to chime in

Koestby

Congrats ! I think U will like this one as soon as you get it dialed in... when i bought my RSM 250 it came with the stock skimmer.. Never used it for long cause it was making quite the noise. Got a used MC500 and though I am not a very experienced reefer I gotta say Im loving it, really pulling out the darkest foam, very quiet. Not alot of heat.. But it can be a bit of a hassle to get it to skim properly ( atleast it was for me) in the beginning. Recommend a ATO if U dont already have one, because it`s a tad sensitive to waterlevels going up and down.

Hopefully some others with MC500 will chime in aswell

mike1970

I have a tunze ato. It's been on about 4 days now. it's skimming not a lot how long is the break in on this thing?

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
If I remember right, it took about a week to break-in. For what its worth, I found keeping the water level in the rear sump around 5 1/2 (from the top) works best for me. The hight of the skimmer cup and opening on the hose will obviously affect the production as well. You will need to play around with it for a while until you find what works best.

Koestby

Yeah, I keep the water level in the rear sump at the 4th line from the top. And the height of the gate is level with some plastic parts on the sides, I will post a pic for U too see. Mine took about a week or so to break in, but playing around with it cause it made microbubbles, now I got the airvalve open all the way and it skims great. No bubbles, just smelly nasty dark foam..

Koestby

64c6f145c15f726ae4d9e81339641d25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike1970

Ok so it's been a week and a half with the deltec. All I can say about it, is it just works no fuss or fighting with it even if your water level fluctuates