My package of coral frags just arrived..now what?

Krabby2k

I got 5 frags overnighted from the coast, they just drop it off here at work. Here is my question, must I leave work and place the bags in my tank right away or can I wait for another 2 1/2 hour to leave work and not having to come back? if I can wait, should I expose the bags to some sort of light or can I just leave it in the box with the heating pad? Thanks.

The best thing to do would be to get them into the tank ASAP. But depending on what kind of frags they are, zoas, softies mushrooms, i would say that they can stay in the bag for another 2 1/2 hours if they are kept at the proper temperature.

But I would recommend getting them home.

Matt

Krabby2k

The best thing to do would be to get them into the tank ASAP. But depending on what kind of frags they are, zoas, softies mushrooms, i would say that they can stay in the bag for another 2 1/2 hours if they are kept at the proper temperature.

But I would recommend getting them home.

Matt

Matt, thanks. I got 4 Zoa frags and 1 birdnest. I'm thinking another 2hrs won't be that bad.

Are the bags at all cold? or are they room temperature? If they came in cold it would be much more important to get them in the tank.

Matt

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I wouldn't worry about it keep them room temp in the dark and they will be fine. Do not open the bags just leave them as they are till you get home.

Eric