My New Vertex Skimmer!

novanosis

it should just foam out. thick foam.

You should only be getting dark green liquid junk.

I think it needs a bioload lol

but try different setting. if its clear it means you are skimming wet. dark green nasty stuff its running dry. hope that helps.

jgking21

Thanks Nova, a bioload will definetly make things different. Right now just have a peppermint shrimp in there. Bioload will be coming shortly, probably looking a getting a pair of clowns soon! Oh and Clean Up Crew should be here tomorrow, ordered from Reef Cleaners.

novanosis

oh and one more thing go ahead and dial it in to the point the foam is reaching the top and let it sit for few days. but with the way things are looking it must not have much to skim when i see that clear liquid.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I set my IN-100 to have the bubble column come midway up the neck, just below the cup. If there is nothing in the water, you won't produce much. Doesn't mean the skimmer is not working.

jgking21

Oh, just a small whiff of the collection cup will let you know it is working. But like you guys have said, not much in the water so not much to pull out! It seems like what little was in there, it got out quickly! I'll post more updates after I get more of a bioload in there.

Thanks for the input!