My new skimmer

Edd13

for the price it's an awesome skimmer ... but it's picky about setup ... for instance, you can't go over 18" on the line comming from the primer pump, or risk loss flow due to head ... to get it hooked up properly it took me a whole day thats including build time ... but on the up side .... once dialed in you never adjust it again

lamarine23

No offense but your "testing" method makes no sense what so ever. How many different variables between the two tanks can you come up with off the top of your head that would give varying results. You should have at least used the skimmers on the same system.

I would definitely be interested to see a head to comparison on any skimmer so please give it some more thought on how to test them and post your results.

mps9506

No offense but your "testing" method makes no sense what so ever. How many different variables between the two tanks can you come up with off the top of your head that would give varying results. You should have at least used the skimmers on the same system.

I would definitely be interested to see a head to comparison on any skimmer so please give it some more thought on how to test them and post your results.

This is correct. Typically what I've seen is people putting the two skimmers on the same system to get a direct comparison since there can be a lot of variables in between tanks, not just bioload but even things like oils in the tanks can totally throw the skimmers off.
Still good to see good results from the "terminator"
But in take it all the result with a grain of salt. My much cheaper ER CS got way more skimmate than what you got with the RS on a 40 gallon low bioload tank on a daily basis. Again lots of variables

Edd13

actually it's going back on the 92 in a week or two (got to make room) ... it was on the 92 for 2 weeks in the begining ... the variables were purposly Skewed in favor of the ER (i heard so many good things...) with a heavy bio load it should have got way more skimmate form the tank at least it would make sense ... i'll post picks after it's on the 92 ...

Edd13

Hmmm ... you say run the skimmers at the same time on the same system... how would i do that in my sump... ill have to see if the pump will fit in the same chamber with the ER ... if i put it in a chamber other than the same the results will skew ... thanks MPS for the idea :)

Edd13

Well ... I took down the wifes tank and did a little test for a month ... ran the euro reef on my tank for 2 weeks then swaped to the terminator for 2 weeks ... finding still were that the terminator out skims the euro reef... done testing, so i sold my euro reef.

thanks all

Last edited: