My New Setup

Dominic Cook

The way I see it is,by using ammonia to feed the filter I'm not hurting anything alive. When I can put in 4ppm ammonia and not get a nitrite and nitrate spike it's ready. Please correct me if I'm wrong

mr_tap_water

The way I see it is,by using ammonia to feed the filter I'm not hurting anything alive. When I can put in 4ppm ammonia and not get a nitrite and nitrate spike it's ready. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Hi there
Not too sure what you're doing nor what you mean, but with the cycling process it starts off with ammonia and then converts into nitrite and then into the final stage as nitrate so if you have reached this stage there is no need to add any more ammonia just let the nitrate come down on his own ,then do a big water change and you should be ready to go.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominic Cook

Thanks Mr Tap. Nitrate is sitting at 20ppm atm. I am patient so ill just let it run for a couple more months and monitor nitrate to see if it will drop . then do 75% water change and add cleanup crew........ so far its a lovley looking tank full of pet rock lol