My New Picasso clownfish!

cioutlaw

Re: My New Picassos

I saw those on Scotts website & they were sold out...so your the lucky one:smirk: Scott is great to work with. Congrats on the new clowns, very nice. I have 2 large percs & have thought about another pair of clowns when I get my 225G set up..anyone think they will be ok in a large tank like that?

Bobbi

Re: My New Picassos

The pics are there. Sasquatch posted them for me. I think it's Post #9.
They are doing great! I love them!
Bobbi

Bobbi

Scott -
Martha and Van are doing fine. They're still trying to work out who is dominant. I can't really tell Martha from Van. Oh well! They are beautiful fish and love to eat!
Bobbi

~St1dNano~

Bobbi, great score on the pair, we've got a pair also, and we absolutly love watching them. They are about a year old now and just now starting to get thier onyx coming in, strange because our friend has the other pair that came in and her's have started changing much sooner and are alot darker than ours. Goes to show that each one is a completly different fish altogether. If you don't mind me asking how much were they?

Bobbi

They are having an issue with dominance. Also are about the same size, so I'm hoping they don't both become female. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to work that out? They stay together all the time and sleep together at night, actually practically touching, but they do fight - and they each do the quivering dance. At this point I can't tell if one is becoming dominant. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bobbi

like those fish hope that you get them to breed..............
Fish remind me of the horses you see indians ride in od western movies (markings are similar) ..........nice fish..........

Craig Manoukian

Once one establishes dominance it will morph into the larger female. Buying two anemone fish of diferrent sizes eliminates the fighting. I hope they don't injure each other. Good luck and keep us posted!

Bobbi

Hi Craig -
I'm watching them pretty closely. I have a 20 gal. tank with a divider and will move them there if they look as if they're hurting each other. Hope I don't have to do that.
Thanks,
Bobbi

Nanoreefbro

Those are definitely nice looking clowns.. I just bought two Black Onyx clowns and added them to my 150 Gal tank and they are trying to see who is the dominant one also..