My new fish

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nice additions. Keep an eye on the angel. He might start picking on your corals.

Gina

RS STAFF
Nice looking fish Sarah! Is your angel a flame? Looks like one. We have a flame and so far he is a model citizen! Good luck with them!

BoomerD

Sarah, do keep an eye on that cute little fish known as the clown sweetlips. From Bob Fenner's WetWebMedia:

"Plectorhinchus chaetodonoides Lacepede 1801, the Clown or Harlequin Sweetlips. Western Pacific. To twenty nine inches. One of the most commonly used species of the family... but rarely lives more than a few days in captivity. Images of a juvenile (about three inches) in Fiji, a four inch or so individual in Mabul, Malaysia and a foot long adult in Fiji."
Here's the adult pic:
Plectorhinchus_chaetodonoidesAdFJ.jpg

IF it survives, as it grows, it will eat other fish small enough to fit into it's mouth.

Here's a link to some of the F A Qs on the sweetlips:
WWM/FAQs /Sweetlips

Last edited:

sarah

Thanks for everyones replys.
BoomerD thanks for the link my lfs told me everything i needed to no about the sweet lips, and if i do have any problems with it i can trade it for something different or when it get to big for my tank. It is feeding very well and it seems to behaving himself.

Sarah xxx

MojosReef

Nice fish sarah, the angel looks like a rusty angle. I believe its a pigmy angle similar to a flame or coral beauty. I really like the scopas tang I had one once that was very friendly and active until my power outage wiped out the tank.

BoomerD

Hey Sarah, I'm glad that for a change, someone in a LFS told the truth about these fish. Usually, it's something like: "Oh ya, they stay this way forever, and only get about 5 or 6 inches long..."
They are hecka cure when they're small though.

Craig Manoukian

Great info. BommerD! I've seen 30" specimens at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA. They have unique dietary requirements so good luck and I hope it thrives in your tank. Once it gets 10" or so it will need a good 500 gallon home. Not good for the avergae reef for those reasons, but they are beautiful as juveniles.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: