My new brain

rckmtl

So I picked up this brain about a week ago and it has settled into the aquarium, so i though I'd share some pics

full brain shot

5dl2sh

and a couple of close up shots

5dl2m9

5dl2tl

I really like the look of the grey on the red... But i like that Lobo Chris posted better!! :drooool: not fair posting a coral that pretty!

rckmtl

hmmm... third pic did not post... no time now, have to fix it later

(oh, now i see it. Stupid computer)

Last edited:

jcoopergd

Somehow the topic of this post reminds me of The wizard of Oz. I picked up a heart this last weekend...:)

but seriously, nice brain! Karma!

rckmtl

jcoopergd said:
Somehow the topic of this post reminds me of The wizard of Oz. I picked up a heart this last weekend...:)

but seriously, nice brain! Karma!

lol. I wanna pic!

rckmtl

Jiddy said:
Is that an Acan? looks sweet

Naw, is not an acan, though some of them do have simalar coloring. But there's two easy ways to tell the diff. My brain has multiple mouths on each 'lobe' or section, while (AFAIK) acans only have 1 mouth per polyp.
Plus, I did not mention anything about having to eat ramen noodels 3 meals a day for the next month cuz I spent all my money :rolleyes:

typo

lol i love ramen noodles. i can eat them everyday for 6 mionths!! lol anyhow the brain is sick. in my opinion it looks like Symphyllia wilsoni.

rckmtl

I used to like ramen that much... cept I went and ate them so often I got sick of them. But we've had some good asian/ethnic markets open around me latly and they have New types of ramen. oooh. So sometimes I try one of those.

Good call typo! The lfs had it marked as a symphillia, though they did not go more specific then that. I have not searched online to verify yet, but this store is generally very accurate. So I am glad the two of you agree.

rckmtl

typo said:

Thanks for the link typo! yeah, that does look like it. There are a couple of exposed....coralites( I think thats the word) at one edge. I think I'll take a pic and compare. Thanks again.

dobejazz said:
Hi rcktml
Where do you shop is the store in Aurora? Very nice coral!!!

Hey, what's up! You live in/around Aurora then?

The store is right on the borderline of Aurora and Naperville. It is on the Naperville side of Rt59, across from the Fox Valley Mall, same parking lot as Wal-Mart. Store name is Petland. I highly recomend it. I gave it and the other stores in the area reviews under the lfs section of the review boards
Paul's the guy you really want to talk to, he's daytime. Mike is also knowledgeable, he's afternoons/nights.