My new Bluespot

mtk

Hey everyone.

I am a proud new owner of a BSJf. He is awesome. I put him in the tank at about 5 pm yesterday. After about a hour he was moving all around the tank and at about 11 pm he ate a piece of silverside I was feeding my corals. Today he has made a burrow and still moving all about the tank.
IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7087.jpg

lcstorc

Beautiful fish. My guess is that it is a male so be very careful if you decide to add another. Males will fight often to the death. In general the females are a bit darker particularly their heads.
Be sure you have your top COMPLETELY covered. They can and will jump through the smallest opening even through the squares in eggcrate. The other key is to give him lots of building materials. I have found if I don't they will go on a hunger strike. They use all sizes to build their burrows from a small piece of shell to things the size of a large turbo shell. One of the funniest things is when mine decide to use a nassarius snail to build with and the snail is still alive.
They are wonderful fish and you should have a great time watching his antics.

tnwillia

Beautiful, Congrats! Follow Lynn's cover advice, I had mine for over a year before he found a way to jump out while I was at work, you never know when or why they are going to jump. Good luck!

mtk

Thank's everyone.
He settled in pretty well. Made his burrow right in the front of the tank