my nem is on his way back!

i am nursing back a rbta that actually just split so now i have two bleached rbta's. they were really small and tentacles were really skinny. i am back on track with my tank and the nems are getting bigger, tentacles are getting fat again and the bubbles are coming back.my question is will it ever get its color back?

chipmunkofdoom2

If your tank is younger than 1 year old, I would say it probably won't come back. Anemones of any type (except aiptasia, oddly enough...) are extremely delicate and finicky animals that don't take too kindly to any type of change. If the tank is mature, the water quality is sound, it hasn't had any crashes or major upsets lately, and you have excellent lighting (high quality T5 or MH), then I would bet at least one of the halves will recover.

i sure hope so, i understand why a lot of people say how delicate these nems are, but from my experience this thing has gone thru a lot more and survived than most paly zoos euphylia and other creatures i have. just from my experience the nem and clown are troopers.

rmlevasseur

BTA's are pretty tough. If they are bleached, small feedings with enriched food can help a lot. Feed a pea size every 4-5 days, fresh mussel, shrimp, fish, etc.

rmlevasseur

Mysis is good too. However, sick nems don't always have the best feeding response. IMO fleshier foods are better at triggering it until the nem gets healthy, but only pea-sized pieces.

lcstorc

I wouldn't see either as bad, but I would think the nem would have a difficult time particullary with the Rods. If you can get the mysis close to the arms then it should stick unless you have greedy clowns like I do. It is easier to monitor if you have a piece that is a bit larger since you can then watch the nem bring it into it's mouth and eat it.
Bleached nems can be saved in some cases but it takes a healthy tank, good lighting, and good feeding. It is in an extremely weakened state and it will take some time until it seems healthy again.

lynn
it will eat mysis, the nem is in a weakend state but i have never had a problem with it eating anything, it takes what i give it. i think i will go get silversides today and try feeding it that.should i feed everyday or everyother, less than that. i just bought new lights so i think i can get it back healthy.

thanks,
john