My hermitcrab isnt moving around much

kyleraz1987

Hey everyone 2 days ago i got a hermitcrab for my reef tank. I followed normal procedure of geting him used to my water when he got to the stage of getting into the tank he moved around heaps and started eating straight away pretty much ive checked all my water parameters and there fine, but now hes not moving around at all he comes out but then goes back in i dont think hes molting and for that reason i havent moved him, its just odd.

chelseagrin

a hermit crab is part of a clean up crew, they do not require special feeding their job is to basically clean up after feeding time, or if a fish dies without you knowing, theyll take care of that pretty darn fast. i wouldnt worry too much about them they can survive almost anything.

Hey kyleraz.

Just to put you your mind at rest, I just put two hermit crabs in my new tank to control the diatoms and those guys are doing exactly the same thing.. Just sitting there doing nothing,,, then they have a little nibble then go back to doing nothing for hours and hours.... I believe this is very normal for hermits

Regards

Cw