My Collection

Lacie

New to the site so i thought id post my collection of lps not too impressive but getting there:
My latest purchase, an oulophyllia
moseleya1.jpg

Echinopora
DSCF1487.jpg

My teal echinophyllia, has colored up a good bit more since this pic was taken
echinophyllia.jpg

Blastos, Green lace with a nice deep burgundy center
greenlaceblastos1.jpg

Lacie

Green lobo, recovering from bleaching after lighting upgrade
greenlobojuly202005.jpg

Red Oxyporav and green plate with 1" tentacles
greenplateandredoxyoira.jpg

Red Blastos
redblastosjuly202005.jpg

Green marble scolymia
GreenScolymia.jpg

Purple Plate
purpleplate.jpg

Lacie

rainbow acan frag
rainbowacan2.jpg

Green Micromussa
greenmicromussa2.jpg

Red blastos with green centers
greenmicromussa2.jpg

Caulstrea
greencandys.jpg

Blue and green favia, hard to photo
blueandgreenbrain2.jpg

Red and green with purple rim wellso, has added another loop since this pic taken 2weeks ago!
Wellsophyllia.jpg

Pink lobo with echinopora
Echinopora.jpg

Green Favia
CandyHogandBrain.jpg

Double Open Brain
doubleopenbrain.jpg

I have a new favia and a new red micro and a few frags but someone broke my camera cable and i havent gotten a new one

Lacie

and heres a full tank, oh just my lps are shownexcept for my platagyra brain which i bought browned out and i am waiting for it to gain its color back, i have a 6 or so diffrent acro frags, some montipora, and some other misc stuff/frags not pictured and euphyllias (no good pics right now). The only softies in the tank are zoos, one neon green sinularia i can't bare to get rid of because it's frags pay for my gas to and from the reef club meetings :), 1.5 green yumas, and unfortunately some starburst thats on my fav green octocorals rock and the octo's base is flesh all the way to the lr.

this pic is from july 20 and its pretty otudated because i moved a few things
Fulltankdark.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Very nice Lacie! You have a beautiful assortment of corals~~

I have a green sinularia also. They are very pretty. :) What is your method of attaching the frags?

Lacie

i used to just rubberband and hope, but i'm gonna try superglue next time. heres a pic of the colony, its blurry though
edit--sorry guys i copied the wrong img...
f822cb4d.jpg

Last edited:

Lacie

tank stats
Tank Stats:
Lighting- (1) 150w 20k hamilton mh
(3) 46.5" URI super actinic r vhos
(1) $6.5" URI Actinic White Vho

Filtration-
Center overflow drain, returns come up the back and are spilt in two and then the output is again divided
30l (my first sw tank har har)sump with a 24x12 fuge holding bubble calurpera, razor calurpera, ulva, 4 mangroves and some cheato, Light by a 65w hamilton pc.
I also have 10lbs of caribsea mud mixed with 5lbs sand and an unknown amount of rubble and shells that covers the bottom of the fuge.
Proclear aquatics skimmer
ehiem return pump- dont know what number but i think its got 700 or 800 gph.
Unknown amount of rock and 40lbs bimini pink sand
2 maxi jet 1200s on a natural sea wave timer and a sieo 820

Fishkys:
Sailfin tang
juv chocolate tang
blue assesor basslet
2 pink skunk clowns
candy hogfish
yasha hasha goby
bangaii cardinal

I do not feed any frozen food! I feed mainly spectrum pellets and sweetwater zooplankton but i throw it vibragrow pellets, cyclopeze and color flakes to keep the intrested.

I run 0 nitrates and .03 po4 i think (the first numerical level on the salifert scale, i haven't tested since i added polyfilter again)

Saltmix: tropic marine and RODI water tds 0

Supplementation:
bionic for ca and ak
i use seachem reef builder to buffer my ro topoff water
i add approx 2 caps of reefsolution once every day or two
i feed esv freeze dried phyto 2--3 times a week.

Major inverts:
2 scarlet cleaners, a harliquin shrimp, an orange slimy serpent star, and a fighting conch.

Did i forget anythign important?

Lacie

hey, how does karma work?? The fuge is amazing, it really keeps them down. I do my water changes ever 3-4 weeks. I have a pretty heavy fish load. I just added a female green wrasse, and i want to add a red and/or a blue flasher, a solarensis wrasse, and one more fish.