My Choati Wrasse

SeahorseBT

I got a choati wrasse yesterday. He's eating already and out and about. I love him already! Here is a pic.
Tanks779.jpg

Nervoustime

Congrats on the beautiful Choati Wrasse. They don't come up for sale too often. The biggest hurdle with these fish is to get them to eat. Lately, I have seen a few more pop up for sale, and from what I have read, people are having more success with them. Best of luck with your new little guy :)

SeahorseBT

Thanks! The lfs I work at brought in 12 so I got my pick of the litter. This guy was eating the day he arrived from Australia so I got him.

Nervoustime

Here is a little information on the Choati Wrasse (courtesy of Blue Zoo Aquatics).

The red spotted coloration on the Choati Leopard wrasse is a striking addition to a reef or fish only community aquarium. The Choati Leopard Wrasse has similar dietary requirements as Mandarin Dragonettes and will spend it’s day searching for copepods and other tiny, almost microscopic crustaceans. These tiny crustaceans are found in well established aquariums and in order to keep the Choati wrasse healthy, numbers of these tiny creatures must be maintained. It is recommended to have either a sump or refugium to give a safe place for copepods and other small crustaceans to multiply safely without predation.

SeahorseBT

He's still doing well. He eats pretty much anything I throw in the tank and is very bold but not aggressive at all.