My 90 Gallon Reef Tank!

Michael_Lambert

Alright peoples!!!!

So my 29 gallon tank did not work out, The dam corals would not fit :) And i had originally decided to set this tank up to move my corals into to reduce the operating cost of the 135 gallon reef tank! Well this is what i ended up going with, Still reducing the cost just going larger than i had wanted!

Its a 90 Gallon ( 48 x 18 x 24 ) center overflow 1.5 drain and 3/4 inch return, Returned by a Mag 18 through duel Locline's. The tank is on a Aquaview stand that i was going to restore ( its used ) but decided i did not have the time to do it and i needed to get the tank up and running and Custom made Canopy running duel 250 watt ARC Metal halides at 14K and duel 40 watt NO Actinics ( Phillips ) The tank is running a 25 gallon Sump.

The tank has a total of 140 pounds of live rock in the main tank and then 25 pounds of rock in the sump, I am not running a skimmer on this system, nore do i plan on it in the near future. The tank is currently stocked with only a pair of True percula clown fish and a Bicolor blenny, with many different corals that will be listed and photographed as soon as the tank starts to clear up.

Due to the HOT summer we are having and are predicted for the future i have decided to set this tank up in my Bedroom where i will be able to relax and view it as well as i will be able to maintain the temps much better, I do run a 10,000 BTU Window unit in this room and i have decided to help reduce the heat and humitity from the tank by Venting the canopy straight outside my window as you can see! Doing this running a 250 watt Ebojager heater i am able to maintain a nice 79.4 degree water temp 24/7, Just by Utilizing what i would already be running!

I have gone from running my old tanks ( 3 in total ) running a total of 1610 watts down to running just 2 tanks.. All the same fish and coral just condenced down to a total of 510 watts :)

Here are acouple of images for now, In a few days when things clear up and start to open i will take more images not to mention cleaning my dam room now ! :)

full1.jpg

acunit.jpg

sump.jpg

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

Hope you all enjoy, and i can not wait till i can get more done with this :)

Thanks
Michael

Michael_Lambert

Got a few more pictures here to share, Soon tonite i will sit down and make up a full stock list of what i have in the tank :)

full2.jpg

center2.jpg

clams.jpg

Frog1.jpg

leftside2.jpg

rightside2.jpg

xenia.jpg

Thanks
Michael