My 29 BioCube

Emperor559

Well now that my disaster is in the past things are starting to unfold a little. My coraline is going nuts and the pods are everywhere. I just wanted to post a few pictures of the tank as it is now.

Attachments

• wholetankresize.jpg
    wholetankresize.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 86

Emperor559

160rs.jpg
[/IMG]

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Alright, nice, another BC29 in the house...Me too, there are a lot of biocubes here!!!! Lookin good!

Emperor559

I am trying to setup a 75gal but I need to build a stand. I have mostly everything else for it though. All in due time though.

Grasspicker

Nice to find this thread. I hope you have great sucess. I have a cube like yours too. What disaster happened in the past. I hope you have luck this time.

Emperor559

Well my zoo's are slowly dying off. I have read other threads and did a freshwater dip to start. I'll do a water change hopefully tomorrow. Some white wormlike organisms came off in the freshwater dip as well as bristle worms, and pods. Didn't see anything else though. Frogspawn is doing great but only 2-3 heads of my trumpet are doing well. I think it's getting stung by an aptasia. I keep removing it but it keeps coming back. GSP's seem to be receding a little as well. There was an aptasia in the middle of them at one time but I have't seen it recently. Still haven't figured out why fish won't stay alive as well. Well wish I had a better update. Still learning a lot everyday but still tryin not to get discouraged.

yungreefer2410

what are your water parems? my largest colony and a small frag of zoas wasn't doing good either until a freshwater dip. now the small colony is recovering from who knows what and the largest is fully open with nice extension. it took 4 days though to really notice the recovery so be patient

Emperor559

I haven't checked yet this week but last week they were ph 7.98 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Calcium 360 Magnesium 1075 Salinity 1.025 KH 8. I forgot to test nitrates apparently. My Mag and calcium and ph dropped significantly within a week. The week b4 was ph 8.16 calcium 410 mag 1250. I have been dosing mag and calcium slowly this week to get it back up. Gonna check it today and do a water change didn't get the chance yesterday. To answer your ? from my other thread, yungreefer2410, the bioballs have never been used.