My 28 gallon nano cube

nanokeeper

I bought the JBJ 28g nano cube with 105 watt CF quad lighting almost 3 years ago. I have kept freshwater tanks for over 35 years, and always wanted to try salt water. I have spent the last 2.5 years reading up on this and had some painting and re doing of floors to finish before starting, as I didnt want to move the tank once it has been set up. Right now I have live rock and live sand in it, the tank has cycled and I just put a cleaner pack in it, snails , blue legged hermit crabs a serpentine starfish and some porcelain crabs. Sorry no pics yet, at the bottom of this page it says I am not allowed to post attachments. Certain areas of the forum it says it is allowed and I can browse for attachments on the computer, but here if I click it , it asks for an url

Mike Johnson

It's a little bit of a pain on this site as you can't upload pics from your computer files. I upload them to Photobucket, copy them there and paste here. Or Flicker or whatever.

I just copied this from photobucket and I'll paste here.

nanokeeper

IMG_9250_zpstdipn9lg.jpg.html

Mike Johnson

Well, alright, you did it. It'll get easier. How long has your tank been running? I've found peppermints to be challenging. They might disappear for months at a time too.

nanokeeper

the tank has been running for about 10 weeks. These two peppermint shrimp come out quite often, and the flash when I take pictures seems to lure them out. The serpent star has found a cave it likes to reside in, and the porcelain crabs have been the ones to perform a major vanishing act.

vlangel

Watch the serpent star. They will invite the shrimp to (I mean for) dinner. Sadly I lost a number of shrimp that way.:-(