My 24 gallon aquapod

hey guys,

brand new to the forums, getting very excited about salt/reef tanks.

here is a pic (sorry for the quality) of my pod so far, been following the instructions of my local pet store they have been very knowledgable and helpful.

Picture4.jpg

Stats:
24 gallons
27lbs live rock
1 bag (3 lbs?) live sand

Corals:
Torch coral
Star polyp
Mushroom coral
(and one i cant remember)

Fish:
True perc
Eibl angel

(a few of my fish just died but i fixed the problem)

any questions? comments? concerns?
how many fish do you think i can keep total?
any fun ideas?
i want my perc to move into my torch coral as a sub host any ideas how?

thanks again
nice to meet you

Alex

Thanks guys,

i really want to know how many fish you think i can keep.
i only have the true perc right now.

so 24gallons
27lbs of rock
four corals

so fish...
four fish total?
five?

any certain fish you guys recommend?

Ganomish

Nice Start,
Keep the fish population way down. In a mature tank, the recomendation for Nanos are 1-2 SMALL fish for a 12gal and 3-4 SMALL fish for a 24 gal.
Recom, Clown Gobies, some jawfish, smaller clowns, etc... MUST stay relatively small, and watch Nitrates closely.
Note: any tank less than a year old is NOT mature. Keep the fish population low. You can be a little more liberal with corals since their metabolism is small compared to fish, but the same goes, keep the population low, and try smaller frags of corals. Let them grow into the tank. Mushrooms, GSP, zoas, etc... will spread nicely after established. Don't try to fill up the tank with them. In 4 months a pair of 'shrooms will split into 6, and GSPs can triple in coverage easily.
Everyone wants a full tank right away.
PATIENCE.
Good Luck.

My 2 cents.
Cheers
Fred

lcstorc

Looks like you are off to a great start.
Patience is the key particularly with a small system. As to stocking level the general recommendation is one inch of adult fish per 5 gallons of water. So basically you can have 5 fish inches in your setup. Once the tank is well established you may be able to stretch it a bit if you are really dedicated to your water changes and tank maintenance. HTH

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Looks good!

Whats that little blue guy (fish) in there? Looks like either a damsel/chromis or an angel???

small lemark angel.
he'll probably outgrow the tank.
but that wont be for six months or so.

Fish:
Firefish
True Perc
Lemark

Coral:
Colt
Star polyps
Mushrooms
Torch