My 14g Biocube

Pyromaniac398

Just put this little guy up after my 20g long crashed. Pretty happy with the biocube so far. I run the stock lighting over it, no Mods to the actual structure, upgraded the return pump to a micro jet 606, and have the oceanic protein skimmer. Water params are all normal. Here are some pics:

FTS:
IMG_7559.jpg

Hitch-hiker Hell Fire anemone:
IMG_7535.jpg

Watermelon Zoas:
IMG_7548.jpg

The sole survivor of the tank crash:
IMG_7561.jpg

Tell me what ya think :)

Pyromaniac398

I went on a 5 day vacation and had a local reefing buddy come by to do maintenance. He called one day and told me that everything was dead. Naturally I flipped and asked what water params where and such. He said nitrites had sky rocketed. I think what happened was something died behind the LR and I didn't notice. With me not there testing the water everyday I didn't notice to nitrite spike in time. Carnage ensued and by the time I got home the tank had leveled out again. I decided to switch to the all in one tank model for ease. At least until my fiance and I move into a house where I can build a large inwall system. ;)

Pyromaniac398

I think they are Watermelon zoas. They have a pink ring with a dark center and aren't the strawberry zoas all pink in the middle.

djbacon

they look like watermelons to me. Get em under some higher light and the skirts will really green up

Nice tank !!

djbacon

oops - retracted - had mulitple windows open and thought i was in my own thread - sorry pyro ! (if you didnt see it I poseted an update to my thread in here) - Craig, pull this post if you see it :banghead:

Last edited:

Pyromaniac398

Nice I might look into that. My fiance is gonna kill me if I spend anymore money, so for now I'm just gonna have to stay stock.

CREEPIN

THAT COOLS, mine too...she says "i swear i'm gonna throw pennys in there if you dont stop" lol

that ballast is the cheapest and easiest IMO to do the upgrade and the same exact one i used...so ill take pix when u need

Pyromaniac398

ya I been looking at the 3.24 to get my wattage up to 72. Would be just that little extra boost I need. We will see, I gotta get an engine swap for my car and that's gonna get me back a few bucks :(

Pyromaniac398

Took some updated pics of my tank. I'm getting some crazy growth :).

FTS:

IMG_7589.jpg

SUPER bright red zoas:

IMG_7591.jpg

Frogspawn:

IMG_7593.jpg

Candy Cane Coral:

IMG_7594.jpg

GSP:

IMG_7596.jpg

rlcline76

Lookin good, Logan!
Looks like you could use some green dragon eye zoas, a few boring people eaters and a clove polyp (Can you tell I am trying to get rid of crap?). lol