My 100 gl. Reef

garywebb96

Here is the what I'm starting with. The tank is from a friend which also includes a current orbit cf light, mag drive pump (model 9.5B), and a Little Giant Pump (model 3-MDQX-SC). I bought a reef octopus skimmer (model NW-110-6520B) and a 4 stage RO/DI system. I don't think this skimmer will be big enough but it will do till I get things up and running. Building this tank is the easy part. Figuring out how to do this computer stuff is my acchilles heel.:dunno:

Attachments

• IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 60

garywebb96

Thanks for noticing:chair:
this tank is 60L x 19W x 20D. It is drilled in the back corner for the overflow. I'm thinking of doing a glass-holes overflow in the back center and using the existing hole for the return line. If the bottom was factory drilled do you think the walls are made of the same glass and can be drilled? I think this tank is an All-Glass but not sure.

redsea reefer

Not sure Gary, I don't think they would use different material for the bottom of the tank. Someone with drilling experience should give you answer soon.

nunlef

Hi, I have an AGA RR tank. The bottom is actually tempered, and the rest is regular glass. I think they do that because tempered is stronger (don't quote me, but That's what I hear). My understanding is that the sides can be drilled, but not the bottom - that's why they do it at the factory.

Oh, and my tank has an "AGA" logo stuck on the front, though I'm not sure if they all have it.

garywebb96

Thanks Bwhit. Thats funny, I was just reading that thread about laptops and shades. I'll have to try that. :thumber:

garywebb96

I tried the laptop and sunglasses trick to see if my tank is tempered or not. Now I think I was taken on a snipe hunt. I could'nt see any difference even on my truck windshield. :(