HELP! Mushroom melting... Again

bazmackem

Can anyone help please, this I the third mushroom that is melting! One went yesterday and had another a few weeks ago. My nitrates have sneaked back to 10 but have been much higher in the past.
Amm and nitrite are 0.
Ph 7.8-8.
Kh I have been slowly raising, currently around 8-8.5.
Calc 450.
Mag 1290 - 1320

Please advise as I really don't want to lose any more!!

image.jpg image.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I really can't comment in much of a helpful way.
I can only tell you that my tank grows very pretty corals. Colorful and healthy looking....With the EXCEPTION of MUSHROOMS & RICORDIA.
In the beginning I had several beautiful ricordia but they slowly shrank and disappeared. I can still (after 2 years) find a couple of teeny tiny mushrooms. Little red ones that used to be big red ones. They somehow refuse to die out but they don't grow either. :cold:

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my water parameters because all my other corals continue to do well.
I gave up on trying to have mushrooms....They will either do good in your tank or they totally won't. That's my conclusion.

There are so many other beautiful corals, I'd say stop wasting your money on mushrooms & pick something else. :)

That's what I did....:cruiser:

bazmackem

All the shrooms, apart from one I bought were in the tank when I bought it so something has changed... Thing is my hard corals seem fine, pineapple, torch, Duncan, plate etc. Although my hammer frag isn't in a great way??

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
All the shrooms, apart from one I bought were in the tank when I bought it so something has changed... Thing is my hard corals seem fine, pineapple, torch, Duncan, plate etc. Although my hammer frag isn't in a great way??
Well, that seems to be a game changer :ponder2:
Do you think the brand of salt mix could be an issue?
Or...
Maybe we should take it personal :dunno:
Maybe Some people can not grow mushrooms.
I am one of those people too. ;)
I don't know what to blame it on :biggrin: ....I just admire other people's shrooms & don't waste my money trying to get them to grow in my tank.
My son-in-law has beautiful mushrooms in his tank. He has a bright ORANGE one that is HUGE, I'd love to have it! He does not take care of his RSM 130 any longer. :frown: It has become the pits :cold: He tops off with tap water these days & does not do WC's & his mushrooms are still beautiful! He would gladly GIVE them to me but, they would not do good in my tank. :cold:

What brand of salt mix do you use? :fishy:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Here's a red mushroom that has been in my tank for over 2 years.
It refuses to die or grow....it's too tiny to notice but I know where it hides. :)
image.jpeg
Mystery to me that it is still there but won't grow. :ponder2:

cracker

Baz I have corals that grow and thrive. I can add the same type and it melts! No telling what happens. Your water specs seem ok,so remember the animal might have been pushed too far before You got it. I have mushrooms I added many years ago they live and every so often one will pop up some where. but that's about it. I think they like a higher nutrient level.