MrB's slowly but surely Irish attempt

MrB

Well that covers a wide variety of lights. How many bulbs are in your unit? Do they say HO (High Output). Sounds like that lighting brand comes in several varieties.

All of the T5 setups are going to be better than regular flourescents so you will have more variety. The question is how much.

Thank you so much for the info

MrB

Added these today hope i made the right choice lol not up to date on why i need these but got them anyway, also bought a Deltec Digital Refractometer:

Seio M1500 gph - 6000 lph

Seio Super Flow Pumps offer exceptional flow rates at energy efficient wattages. These versatile pumps are ideal for reef aquaria where high water flows are essential; ranging in output form 2400lph to 10 000lph.

Each pump is supplied with multiple fittings to enable you to position your pump for optimum performance. Utilising a large outlet, the Seio Super Flow Pump does not concentrate it's water output with a small powerful stream of water. Instead the water exits the pump in a large stream (either through the direction snout or directly out of the bottom of the pump) and provides extensive water movement throughout the tank. An airflow control is provided should you wish to add a venuturi effect to the water stream.

MrB

Im having a problem with brown algae on my LR all i have in it at the minute is the Uncured LR, is there anyway for me to remove the algae or get something to stop it?

lcstorc

Is it just a sprinkling of brown? It sounds like diatoms which are a stage in the cycling process. They generally go away with a bit of time provided you are using good source water.
Since it is uncured LR it could be something else. When you do a water change I would consider removing the rock for a good scrubbing to remove any excess algae etc.

MrB

Is it just a sprinkling of brown? It sounds like diatoms which are a stage in the cycling process. They generally go away with a bit of time provided you are using good source water.
Since it is uncured LR it could be something else. When you do a water change I would consider removing the rock for a good scrubbing to remove any excess algae etc.

Many thanks for the help i will be doin a water change later with RO water hopefully that will help i will also give them a scrub in salted water

Craig Manoukian

Diatoms are an indicator of silica. Once it is depleted the diatoms will go away.:)

MrB

Well unfortinatly i had a disaster with my tank after getting it established an running so well i came one day to find everything lieing on the floor totally gutted i was.

MrB

Still dont know what happened its a mystery hopefully the new tank i bought will a bit more successful for me its a complete setup including sump and everything

MrB

Havnt been on in a while or at least since i setup a new Marine Tank

This was it at first setup

tank25.jpg

This is the most recent photo i have taken

28j9urk.jpg

thearnley

DANG! That has come a long way! Nice!! Where in Ireland are you from? My wife's family is from Gallway(?). I'm a mix of Irish and English.