MP10 Noise level?

Aquadude

I'm thinking of purchasing 2 MP10s for a 65g tank. I've read about noise issues in different forums and I've seen a few videos on youtube showing the noise. I was wondering if the current MP10s have noise issues. Have any of you recently purchased a MP10 and experienced noise problems? They are not cheap so I want to make sure that I don't have buyers remorse.

Kongor

I have two MP10's and one MP40. The MP40 definitely makes noise no matter what you've read, however once you position the MP10s in my experience they are very silent. I kinda wish I got 3-4 MP10s and stayed away from the MP40.

Also keep in mind what mode you plan on using them, if you do the nutrient transport mode you might hear a little noise if the room is dead silent, but if your carrying on a conversation, watching tv, etc you won't hear it.

For a 65 gallon tank you shouldn't need to use the rubber spacer provided with the MP10s, this way you'll get a nice magnetic connection and it wont move around etc.

reefer gladness

My system is pretty quiet overall and I have a hard time hearing two MP10's over the little skimmer and cooling fan noise I have. You can't bang them around though, the noisy ones you see on youtube likely have loose magnets rattling around. Loose magnets can also be fixed if you're a DIY'er but best to just take not to knock the pumps around, especially the dry side.

Matt spivey

Mine is on reef mode about 2 metres away from me when I sleep. I never hear it over the tunze 9002 which isn't that loud at all.

One thing I have noticed though is that if the two parts aren't lined up perfectly through the glass (maybe you knock it accidentally) then it makes more noise. Mine is set on reef crest mode at 50% power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquadude

I ended up going with MP10s and I don't hear them. My Radion G3 fan and return pump are louder than the MP10.